Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the goat out for attention.....

I was a 4-H'er for 10 years, of course, now that I have a little boy my Dad and I were so excited to take him back to my stomping grounds of Wells County 4-H fair. We were slap happy to load Colt up and get to the barns and animals. I took a sheep one year (not a fan of them, that lasted one year), pigs, calf's, a steer, rabbit (one year, again not a fan) and I think that is it, but each year I had at least two animals in the fair.


We went straight to the cow barn, which this year had goats in it too. Colt loves animals and has absolutely no fear of anything so he was in "hog heaven" Dad and I smiled ten watt smiles watching every expression of Colt's and looking around our selves comparing the animals from when Brian and I took them to now.

We came to the goats, Colt petted them and laughed. We stopped at one particular goat after looking and petting some of them, Dad had Colt sitting on the fence ledge holding him. The goat was nudging his feet with his head, Dad even commented "Colt, somebody wants your attention" Colt had his head turned looking at the cows, I turned to look at the cows, and before I or Dad knew it the goat headbutted my son in the head! Colt didn't scream but cried a little and had a look of complete shock. Dad and I's eyes were huge in disbelief. Dad even started lecturing me at first"see I told ya before, you never know what animals are going to do" and then we broke out in laughter. We could not stop laughing. The rest of the fair, we would just look at each other and laugh, partly still in shock, partly because my son had a perfectly round instant bruise from the goats horn on one side of his head.
This is not the goat that got him, this is one of them that he liked

This was right after the goat head butt! He turned to smiles again w/ Grandpa!

Colt was not fazed though, the cow and goat barn were the first and their were many more animals to come and he was still ready to pet and stick his hand in their mouth or pen. I love this picture of him running thru the pig barn bare feet and all. He is his mother's child...always bare feet.

Colt seeing a 3 week old Colt. Grandpa says once he can ask for a pony or horse then he'll get one.
Aunt Angie and Jaylyn met us there later that night, "J" enjoys her corn dog.
This is Colt and his bruise from the Goat's horn leaving his first 4-H experience. First of many 4-H's and bruises from animals.

1 Comments:

At 11:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home