Monday, July 21, 2008

today and only today....

I read something tonight that spoke to me and I wanted to get it down and remember this moment.

"In the midst of grief, transition, transformation, learning, healing, or discipline- it's difficult to have perspective. That's because we have not yet learned the lesson yet. We are in the midst of it. The gift of clarity has not yet arrived. Let today happen- Feel today's feelings. Solve today's problems, and enjoy today's gifts. Trust yourself, trust God."

After reading this my first thought was the ultimate gift of my family. Tonight, I got home from work and my son ran to me and wrapped his tiny little arms around me, laid his head down on my shoulder and hugged me, not a quick hug but a lingering hug. There is nothing more precious than to see the excitement and love in his eyes. I then took his hand and we walked together. Phil and I then watched him go back and forth showing us whatever caught his attention at that moment, so eager to share and see our praise and affection.
When I think of how we stay so busy and I always have so much running thru my mind: errands, finances, choices, chores, work, schedules, etc. I sometimes feel overwhelmed.

Tonight, when the house was quiet and I started to analyze, worry, or my need to control manifested itself as a need to know exactly what is going on or will go on....that is when I re-read and remembered the words above.....and then I breathed. I say one more thank you to God for his blessings and choosing me to be Colt's mother. Thank you for your entrusting us with him.

1 Comments:

At 7:43 PM , Blogger Betsy said...

Amen sister! I was just thinking about this yesterday when I was reading "my sisters keeper". Before we know it our kids will be driving away to college, and those tiny hands won't be so tiny anymore! Oh! I found my old dress up clothes yesterday! Even my jellybean outfit!! Woohoo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home